Reports to: Deidra Mills Ryan, CEO
Hourly wage: $15.00 / hour
Hours: 14 – 18 hours/week.
Work Schedule Onsite: Monday and Wednesday: 9:30 A.M. – 4:30 P.M.
Occasional other weekdays or Saturday mornings possible.
The Personal / Administrative Assistant is integral to facilitating the successful personal and business operations owned by Deidra Mills Ryan. This position will begin as an administrative support role. After initial training is complete, personal assistant and administrative responsibilities may be blended with bookkeeping tasks and responsibilities.
At DMR we live our core purpose: Fearless Accounting, One empowering moment at a time. Guided by core values, we engage with others in our community to advance their business and financial objectives.
Essential Job Functions:
- Organization and maintenance of business files, including confidential and time-sensitive material, scanning, shredding, laminating, etc. Typing and systematizing handwritten notes.
- Calendar manager; scheduling meetings and appointments. Delivering timely calendar reminders to the CEO of important tasks and deadlines.
- Ensure adherence to DMR branding guidelines including documentation consistency, and naming conventions.
- Preparation and editing of team and client communications including email, thank you notes, gifts, and cards.
- Processing, sorting and delivering incoming and outgoing mail.
- Bank deposits.
- Personal and business record keeping via Excel – business mileage log, stock calculations, etc. Data entry into CRM system and filing systems.
- Assist with DMR client billings monthly.
- Monthly website review for broken links or issues – DMRAccounting.com/ FearlessAccounting.com/MyAnytimeSpa.com.
- Retail assistant for “My Anytime Spa”, including processing orders, bottling products, marketing emails, and occasional bookkeeping.
- Clean, arrange and tidy home and workspaces. Implement efficient organizational systems and processes. Proactively identify areas for improvement and offer solutions.
- Pet care management including monthly flea/tick medication and occasional veterinary appointments for one large dog and one domestic house cat.
- Miscellaneous au pair responsibilities including after school pick up, light ironing, laundry, and occasional holiday supervision.
- Running personal and business errands.
- Time manager.
- Various ad-hoc requests.
High school diploma required.
2-year or 4-year college degree in accounting or related field preferred.
Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite.
Comfort with Dropbox, Zoom, and Zoho CRM helpful.
Bookkeeping certification or accreditation, a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Comfort with technology.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and strong follow up skills.
Excellent time management with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
Love for “customer service”.
Proactive, creative problem solver.
Compassionate, with a good sense of humor.
Discretion and confidentiality.
QuickBooks Desktop; QuickBooks Online skills, a plus.
Limited inner-city travel.
Valid driver’s license, clean driving record, proof of current car insurance required.
Type of Position
90-day trial period.
Professional development opportunities.
Friendly, collaborative team environment.
Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds.
Limitations and Disclaimer
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the team member occupying this position. Team members are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by the CEO in compliance with federal and state laws.