We are a values-based accounting and consulting firm in Austin, Texas. Our team culture differentiates itself through our self-care, the highest-quality customer experience, and a results-driven collaborative work environment.
OUR CORE VALUES
Clear Direction, Steady Support – We meet people where they are, demystifying the accounting process, gently eroding their fears, transforming their lives from floundering to flourishing.
Invest in Your Success – We expect all stakeholders to take ownership of their part co-creating our mutual success.
We’re 100% ALL IN – We treasure all of our relationships. We show up fully, powerfully, honestly, collaboratively and courageously.
Teamwork makes the Dream Work – We recognize our interconnectedness and the power of a positive and nurturing environment. We call forth and celebrate the highest potential of all.
Above & Beyond – We deliver exceptional, comprehensive solutions in an accurate, responsible and pro-active manner.
Are you looking for part-time work?
Have you worked in accounting either in industry or public accounting and got burned out with long hours and too much stress?
Here’s the ideal opportunity for you!
We are building a smart, talented, professional accounting and bookkeeping team that loves the details but also loves work/life balance. We help our clients in a proactive manner plus our culture of self-care, flexibility, and gratitude is the secret to our success.
If this sounds like you…apply here!
CPA/ Manager of Accounting & Bookkeeping Operations
Classification: Part-time /non-exempt
Salary: $30 – $50 /hour
Hours: 20 – 30 hours /week
Reports To: Deidra Mills Ryan, CEO
The Manager of Accounting and Bookkeeping Operations is a hands on, detailed orientated position, supervising real-time operations and the development of a flexible, engaged, solutions-orientated team. Resources are used to achieve above and beyond customer satisfaction, productivity, profit, and the achievement of our Core Purpose. This leadership position manages the team performance.
- Communicates with Deidra Mills Ryan (CEO) to ensure smooth coordination of client activity; the achievement of employee objectives; and the delivery of P&L results
- Translates the DMR Vision and Core Purpose into team objectives
- Performs client accounting work, both project based and ongoing monthly bookkeeping
- Models professional, forward thinking
- Supervises the daily activities of the Accounting and Bookkeeping Services
- TeamAnalyzes and recommends staffing mix to best accomplish DMR objectives
- Communicates areas of accountability and performance expected of personnel assigned via semiannual DMR performance review standards
- Recommends salary adjustments, transfers, promotions and dismissals
- Ensures proper training of personnel assigned, including cross training and succession planning
- Develops individuals for future advancement
- Spear heads accountability across the DMR team
- Responsible for ensuring the standardization, documentation and quality control of current and ongoing client work processes
- Effectively resolves cross-functional issues making sure they are harmoniously integrated
- Identifies potential problems. Develops and enacts contingency plans as needed; trouble shoots; escalates and directs activities during problems. Creatively provides input for future process improvements
- Reviews ongoing performance results evaluated against DMR performance objectives. Takes corrective action as needed
- Participates in weekly Good Morning Stand-Ups, monthly DMR Team Meetings and our annual strategic planning processes
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner in accordance with established DMR policies to achieve the objectives of this position
- Maintains favorable working relationships with company employees by ensuring effective communication and feedback to maximize employee morale, productivity, and efficiency
- Projects a favorable image of DMR to promote its aims and objectives
- Keeps CEO promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance and takes prompt corrective action where necessary
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or requested
1. QuickBooks Desktop; QuickBooks Online
2. Excel proficiency
3. Bill.Com, Right Networks helpful
1. Problem Solver
2. Highly focused on customer service
3. Integrator, Decision Maker, Executor
4. Team Player
5. Great communicator, Spanish speaker a plus
Working Environment: Monday and Wednesday work in the DMR office. Potential to work remotely.
Physical Demands: Ability to sit or stand as required. Requires walking primarily on level surfaces. Ability to reach above the shoulder or below the waist, and be able to lift15 pounds using proper lifting techniques.
Travel: Limited local travel is expected with this position.
Preferred Education and Experience:
1. Texas CPA
1. 2-5 years public accounting experience
2. 2-5 years accounting manager or controller experience
4. Start Up/ entrepreneurial experience
Please note that this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of duties or responsibilities for this job; these may change at any time with or without notice.