We are a values-based accounting and consulting firm in Austin, Texas. Our team culture differentiates itself through our self-care, the highest-quality customer experience, and a results-driven collaborative work environment.
OUR CORE VALUES
Clear Direction, Steady Support – We meet people where they are, demystifying the accounting process, gently eroding their fears, transforming their lives from floundering to flourishing.
Invest in Your Success – We expect all stakeholders to take ownership of their part co-creating our mutual success.
We’re 100% ALL IN – We treasure all of our relationships. We show up fully, powerfully, honestly, collaboratively and courageously.
Teamwork makes the Dream Work – We recognize our interconnectedness and the power of a positive and nurturing environment. We call forth and celebrate the highest potential of all.
Above & Beyond – We deliver exceptional, comprehensive solutions in an accurate, responsible and pro-active manner.
Are you looking for part-time work?
Have you worked in accounting either in industry or public accounting and got burned out with long hours and too much stress?
Here’s the ideal opportunity for you!
We are building a smart, talented, professional accounting and bookkeeping team that loves the details but also loves life/work balance. We help our clients in a proactive manner plus our culture of self-care, flexibility, and gratitude is the secret to our success.
If this sounds like you…apply here!
Part-Time Lead Accountant
Classification: Part-time / non-exempt
Hours: 25+ hours / week while in training; leveling off at 20-25 hours / week the 1st two weeks of the month and 15-20 hrs / week the 2nd two weeks of the month.
Salary: $15 – $35 / hour based upon education and experience.
Reports To: DMR Supervisor of Accounting and Bookkeeping Services
The DMR Accounting and Consulting Lead Accountant is highly detail-oriented position responsible for computing, classifying and recording financial transactions to ensure the financial records of the client organization are accurate. The Lead Accountant performs financial calculations and general ledger duties including posting information to accounting software from such source documents as invoices to customers, invoices from suppliers and cash receipts. The Lead Accountant reconciles accounts to ensure their accuracy and creates financial reports from that information.
In accordance with our Core Values, listed above, work resources are used to achieve above and beyond customer satisfaction, productivity, profit, and the achievement of our Core Purpose: FEARLESS Accounting, One empowering moment at a time.
- Records and reconciles financial data and documents, checks for correct entry, mathematical accuracy and proper coding.
- Operates computers programmed with accounting software to record, store and analyze information.
- Classifies and summarizes computerized numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records.
- Debits, credits and totals accounts in computer spreadsheets and databases, using specialized accounting software.
- Receives and records cash, checks and vouchers.
- Attend weekly team video meetings and monthly team meetings.
- Complies with federal, state and company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Compiles statistical, financial, accounting or auditing reports and tables pertaining to such matters as cash receipts, expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, and profits and losses.
- Codes documents according to company procedures.
Reconciles or notes and reports discrepancies found in records.
1. QuickBooks Desktop (3+ years); QuickBooks Online
2. Microsoft Excel proficiency
3. Bill.Com, Right Networks helpful
2. Highly focused on customer service
3. Ethical conduct
4. Team Player
5. Great communicator, Spanish speaker a plus
Preferred Education and Experience:
- 4-year college degree in accounting (CPA or CPA candidate preferred)
- Customer service experience
- Startup / entrepreneurial experience
- Public accounting experience
Please note that this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of duties or responsibilities for this job; these may change at any time with or without notice.
This is a part-time position. Typical days and hours of on-site work are Monday and Wednesday 9:30am – 4:00pm. While in training, typical days and hours of on-site work are Monday and Wednesday 9:30am – 4:00pm plus Thursday and Friday hours TBD. Remote work options may be available after after sufficient and successful understanding of DMR policy, procedure, and client requirements.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment: This job operates in a clerical, home office setting. This role routinely uses a laptop computer and cell phone.
Work Authorization: Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Physical Demands: Prolonged periods sitting and working on a computer.
Travel: Other than intermittent client site visits, no travel is expected.
DMR is committed to providing a workplace that includes people of diverse backgrounds and fully utilizes their talents to achieve its mission. DMR believes that a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace culture enhances the performance of our organization and our ability to fulfill the agency’s mission.