Job Description: Experienced Bookkeeper – Part-time
Classification: Part-time /non-exempt
Salary: $15 – $20 /hour
Hours: Flextime Monday – Friday; includes on-site and remote work. Hours to be determined.
Reports To: DMR Supervisor of Accounting and Bookkeeping Services
The DMR Accounting and Consulting Bookkeeper is a highly detail-orientated position responsible for computing, classifying and recording financial transactions to ensure the financial records of the client organization are accurate. The Bookkeeper performs financial calculations and general ledger duties including posting information to accounting software from source documents e.g., invoices to customers, invoices from suppliers and cash receipts. The Bookkeeper reconciles accounts to ensure their accuracy and creates financial reports from that information.
In accordance with our Core Values, work resources are used to achieve above and beyond customer satisfaction, productivity, profit, and the achievement of our Core Purpose.
- Checks figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes.
- Utilizes accounting software to record, analyze, and store information.
- Classifies, records, and summarizes computerized numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records.
- Debits, credits, and totals accounts in spreadsheets and databases, using specialized accounting software and Excel.
- Receives and records cash, checks, and vouchers.
- Attend weekly team video meetings and monthly team meetings.
- Complies with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Compiles statistical, financial, accounting or auditing reports and tables pertaining to cash receipts, expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, and profits and losses.
- Codes documents according to company procedures.
- Reconciles or notes and reports discrepancies found in records.
- QuickBooks Desktop; QuickBooks Online (3 years +)
- Excel proficiency
- Bill.Com, Right Networks helpful
- Detail orientated
- Highly focused on customer service
- Ethical conduct
- Team player
- Great communicator, Spanish speaker a plus
Preferred Education and Experience:
- 4-year college degree in Accounting or related field
- Audit experience
- Customer service experience
- Start-Up / entrepreneurial experience
Supervisory Responsibility: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Please note that the job descriptions are not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of duties or responsibilities for this job; these may change at any time with or without notice.