Job Description: Experienced Bookkeeper – Part-time
DMR Accounting and Consulting
Classification: Part-time / non-exempt
Salary: $17 – $20 /hour
Hours: Flextime Monday – Friday; includes remote work, some on-site work may be required for training purposes. Typically the team is available Monday and Wednesday from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. and one or two other days that are flexible depending on client needs. Approximately 15-20 hours a week.
Reports To: Deidra Ryan
Location: Austin, Texas and metro area
Our ideal part-time bookkeeper is a detail-orientated team player who is interested in serving the accounting needs for a variety of businesses. They will be responsible for recording and classifying financial transactions, maintaining general ledger accounts, and posting information from source documents to Quickbooks. The bookkeeper reconciles accounts to ensure their accuracy and creates financial reports.
We have a strong focus on client service. We want to uphold our CORE VALUES to achieve above and beyond customer satisfaction.
- Ensure the accuracy of the client organization’s financial records.
- Utilizes QuickBooks Desktop or QuickBooks Online to maintain financial records by posting and classifying transactions.
- Monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.
- Maintain accounts payable and receivable.
- Monthly invoicing.
- Process bi-monthly payroll.
- Maintain and monitor separate client email accounts.
- Maintain strong client relationships.
- Attend bi-weekly Wednesday team meetings via online video conference.
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions.
- QuickBooks Desktop; QuickBooks Online (2 years +)
- MS Excel proficiency
- Dropbox, Google Workspace, MS Office
- Zoho CRM or client billing processes
- Bill.Com, Right Networks helpful
- Detail orientated
- Highly focused on customer service
- Ethical conduct
- Team player
- Strong communication skills
Preferred Education and Experience:
- 2- year or 4-year college degree in Accounting or related field
- Start-Up / entrepreneurial experience
- Audit and/or customer service experience helpful
Supervisory Responsibility: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Important note: Proof of Covid vaccination is requested.
Please note that the job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of duties or responsibilities for this job; these may change at any time with or without notice.